Friday, July 18, 2008

I am Guatemala

Here in Guatemala! Yay.
We made it to Guatemala after a long wait in the Mexico city airport of over 6 hours. I laughed, I cried, I napped. We caught a $10 shuttle to Antigua which is a little city that might need to utilize a smog check. All the cars are blasting out black clouds of smoke, but everyone is smiling, so we live on.
Last night we drank a little beer and a wee bit of tequila and tried to find a good place to socialize and what we came up with was a bar where I was (apparently) inapproprately telling people that they wanted to make out with my friends. We went to a "dance club" across the street and wound up caring for a drunk girl who just wanted to dance dance dance. It was her, the workers stairing over the balcony and us...oh yes, and the music. Thursday nights are infact a night to hang out on the cobble stone streets with old men and their mustaches and rum that happens to be the local cheap fav.
We (Aubrie, Emily and Carlee Ann) went on a little walk-about today and saw beautiful avo trees, high mountains covered with poofs of grrrrreen, colors beyond the rainbow and checked out the billowing clouds from the roof-top of a church that I left my metal water bottle at!!! It's okay. I've made peace with my losses and I am moving forward.
Walking to the market through piles and piles of clothes and shoes from second-hand stores in America/Italy/Russia I felt old temptations of wanting to find something I NEEDED. We bought avocados, cucumbers, tomatos, potatoes, onions, squash, carrots, bananas, oranges...and more for a dinner and a lunch only costing about $12 in total.
As my little story becomes more boring as the letters type I will end this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2008 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Hillary said...

You got me at Avocados! haha! Adventures abound! Delight!
Glad you landed and are diving into delish food, drinks, and surroundings!
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home